Every wondered what the differences are between liquid, cream and powder foundations? Don't worry, we got you...here's the key differences between them which might just help you decide what to go for:
- Consistency: Liquid foundations have a more fluid consistency than cream foundations, which have a thicker and creamier texture. Powder foundations come in a compact and have a powder consistency.
- Coverage: Liquid foundations usually provide a lighter coverage compared to cream foundations, which offer medium to full coverage. Powder foundations can provide a light to medium coverage.
- Finish: Liquid foundations can have a natural, dewy finish, while cream foundations often have a more matte finish. Powder foundations have a matte finish.
- Application: Liquid and cream foundations are best applied with a sponge or brush, while powder foundations are best applied with a brush or a powder puff.
- Skin type: Liquid foundations are good for those with normal to oily skin types, while cream foundations are better for those with dry or mature skin, and powder foundations are suitable for oily skin types.
- Longevity: Liquid and cream foundations tend to last longer than powder foundations, which can wear off more quickly.
Overall, the choice between liquid, cream, and powder foundation comes down to personal preference, skin type, and the desired finish and coverage. It's always a good idea to test out different types of foundation and see what works best for you.
Check out our range of best selling Revlon, L'Oreal, Max Factor and Maybelline foundations here, priced well below what the high street retailers are offering. We also have dozens of makeup brushes for liquid, cream and powder foundations. You can shop our range of makeup brushes here.